Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a UI / Interaction Designer at Rhino, you’ll join a passionate team that works closely with product, engineering, and leadership to build products that are positioned to revolutionize renting.In this role you will:
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to create thoughtful elegant design solutions to complex problems
- Communicate decisions through wireframes, prototypes, and/or visual designs for different user types
- Maintain the design system with up to date UI patterns and documentation
- Design improvements, refinements, and accessibility
- 4-5 years of experience
- Experience working with product and development to ship designs
- Ability to translate user and business goals into elegant solutions
- Self starter who brings ideas to the table with ability to take feedback and execute on tasks
- Experience working with Figma, Principle or other prototyping tools
- Experience building and maintaining design systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member