Who We Are:
Something Navy is a lifestyle media and Direct To Consumer brand. Initiated in 2009 as a style destination by Arielle Charnas, Something Navy is a digitally native, social media first brand with a mission to curate recommendations and create product worthy of your time, attention, and wallets. Born from the belief that we can be whatever we want, and still be ourselves, Something Navy features fashion forward classics and elevated everyday pieces that leave you feeling unapologetically you.
Having the right people is the key to being successful here. We value and mentor each member of our growing team. Something Navy searches for talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the brand and thrive in a flexible and changing work environment and can adapt to anything. Our team of innovators have enabled us to continue to grow and expand. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit while empowering our employees to be independent and creative in whatever they do to achieve success.
What You Will Do:
We are looking to hire a new UI UX Designer with a portfolio that demonstrates examples of engaging, intuitive interactions in mobile applications. You will collaborate with Visual Designers, Product Strategists and Developers to design new features, enhance existing ones while establishing and reinforcing consistent UX patterns across platforms. You will be expected to understand customer insights, information flows and turn them into meaningful experiences and intuitive interfaces. The ideal creative loves to collaborate with other team members within the digital product, technology, and beyond and leverages interaction, strategy, research, UI and visual design in order to get the product shipped and the job done.
- Create thoughtful and appropriate design solutions to digital challenges of all sizes by translating research insights into engaging user interfaces which satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints
- Collaborate with the marketing, design, and retail team to design aesthetically appealing and intuitive interfaces, both guest-facing and Back of House
- Practice consistent design formatting and work within brand design guidelines
- Facilitate internal and external feedback and vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, designing user stories, user personas, user journeys and mocking up user experiences for digital products
- Execute improvements to UI, UX and overall design that represent business as well as peer team requirements
- Analyze user feedback and iterating to enhance user experience
- Work closely with internal team and other departments in providing delivery estimates/timelines
- Create high-fidelity mockups and work with product managers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions
- Work with engineering team to help develop UI pattern toolkits and Usage of UX Tools
- Experience with front-end development and taking a product from the idea stage through to launch
- Ability to take the product's mission, user research and analytics data and translate into clear, simple UIs
- Drive the feature prioritization and new feature creation of internal digital experiences and interfaces
What We're Looking For:
- Must have 3-5 years interaction experience in either agency or product related environments designing consumer facing mobile experiences
- Experience developing and launching mobile applications for the most current iOS and Android versions
- Experience using lean/agile product development model and design systems.
- Prototyping experience in one or more tools
- Strong proficiency in developing wireframes, site maps, user journeys
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible products and services that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users
- Deliver end-to-end client solutions, balancing business goals and user needs
- Strong knowledge of current UX best practices, including user research and accessibility across mobile and web
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Excel and Google Drive and Docs suite
- Experience at technology-focused companies with product teams to create complex web apps.
- Strong design portfolio with case studies of past product work (online/digital).
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, or other highly modern design tools
- A foundational understanding of HTML / CSS / Frontend
- Proven track record of user interface design, across a number of products that have been used by different demographics
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with changing needs and able to work independently or within a larger group
Something Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE