User Experience Designer at Kin + Carta
Solstice | Kin + Carta is seeking a User Experience Designer to help us design amazing experiences from our Chicago Office for our Fortune 500 clients and their customers. If you’re passionate about emerging tech and have a deep understanding of human-centered design and interaction design read on!
At Solstice | Kin + Carta, we provide great design through a few key principles. We Instill Confidence for a more confident user, we Reduce Complexity to make experiences feel easy, and we Provoke Delight because we don’t just design for usability, we aim to create experiences that people love.
What the daily work looks like:
As a User Experience Designer at Solstice | Kin + Carta, you’ll be responsible for leveraging UX research insights, communicating your ideas visually, designing concepts for interactions, understanding and organizing complexities, promoting modern interaction design patterns and best practices, and working with cross-functional teams to build and test your digital experiences.
As a trusted advisor to our clients on their digital experiences, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on their understanding and implementation of design practices. While collaborating with our other experts in design, research, software engineering, quality assurance, technical architecture, and product strategy, you’ll learn something new daily and, we hope to learn from you, too!
What we are looking for in you:
- Demonstrated excellence in interactive design, information architecture, and translating research into design decisions
- A portfolio of work proving your visual design ability with platform guidelines (iOS, Android) and responsive web design
- Able to manage your own time on single or multiple projects, whether working independently or collaboratively with a team
- Proficient in design tools such as Sketch and Adobe products and prototyping tools such as InVision and Proto.io
- Experienced in Agile, lean, or other iterative product development approaches (design sprints, scrum, kanban)
- Confident in presenting work and articulating user experience issues and concerns to team members and stakeholders
- Empathetic with the business and client when constraints are present
- 2+ years of experience
- A bachelor’s degree in art, design, or equivalent experience in a related field
- A genuine interest in building a diverse community of people and practices
- A compassionate mindset of ethical, inclusive human-centered design
- A commitment to designing for accessibility
We welcome Solsties to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Solstice | Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.