Grubhub is looking for a talented UX Researcher to join the growing UXR team. Specifically, we're searching for a customer-centric and motivated researcher to embed with a Product team. This person will bring a deep expertise in qualitative or mixed methods research, and be able to independently design, lead, and execute evaluative and generative research at all stages of the customer lifecycle. They'll turn this research into compelling insights that drive the direction of their product team and overall business.
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
- Collaborate with and become a trusted partner to one of Grubhub's core product teams
- Define key questions and hypotheses to help teams solve complex problems
- Plan, design, and execute research studies, both evaluative and generative, employing a range of methods from usability tests and interviews to in-context ethnographies.
- Synthesize data from internal and external sources to drive a deeper understanding of our customers to guide decisions.
- Craft actionable stories to communicate insights to stakeholders within your team and across the business.
- Be an advocate for the customer within your functional area, constantly striving to improve customer experience and downstream business outcomes.
- Manage your work and proactively identify what's next to help drive the roadmap forward.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years relevant experience in qualitative UX research
- Customer champion and practitioner of human-centered design methodologies
- You know how to switch between the micro (moment in an experience and how it impacts what a customer does) and macro (what a customer needs from a product)
- You're skilled at crafting compelling stories from data to turn research into action
- You're adept at building relationships with stakeholders, partnering with them throughout the research process and influencing downstream decision making
- Expertise in a qualitative research platform, such as UserTesting or UserZoom
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced tech environment
Got These? Even Better:
- Advanced degree in a research or analytic field
- Mixed methods (qualitative + quantitative) UX research background
- Experience in digital product development or ecommerce
- Experience designing and conducting high-impact, foundational research projects that informed a roadmap
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]