Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built it’s platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Facebook. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
The User Experience Researcher is part of a growing research team and will be an integral part of the product organization. This role will help us more deeply understand our users, uncover pain points, surface opportunities to improve the overall product, and have a hand in shaping the way our research processes continue to grow with the business.
You will work with cross-functional partners on both strategic and tactical research projects, helping product squads gather insights to inform product and design decisions, as well as sharing research methods and best practices that enable teams to ask and answer questions on their own.
In this role, you will gather signals from a variety of qualitative and quantitative sources (i.e., interviews, moderated/unmoderated usability evaluation, surveys, heuristic analysis, usage analytics, and other data sources) and turn them into actionable insights that inform product strategy.
You'll be responsible for:
- Understanding the problems we’re trying to solve in the Customer Experience space
- Collaborating with product managers and designers to prioritize, plan, and execute research studies for new and existing products
- Leading strategic research efforts that deepen our understanding of the user experience and drive product strategy
- Distilling actionable insights from a variety of sources and use excellent communication to share with the product and design team as well as other stakeholders
- Creating a culture of continuous discovery to help us identify opportunities to improve the product experience for our users
- You have 3+ years of hands-on experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- You can lead, design, and execute research in a fast-paced/agile environment; experience in B2B software, SaaS, or work-flow management products a plus
- You demonstrate deep empathy with users and can connect your research to solutions that balance business objectives with user needs
- You know how to choose the right tool for the task at hand and are well-versed in generative and evaluative methods
- You are deeply inquisitive and endlessly curious—always eager to dig deeper for solutions to user problems and opportunities for innovation
- You are an excellent communicator who can present to a diverse audience of stakeholders
- You are a team player who is excited to share your knowledge and elevate the whole team with your expertise
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.