Hinge is hiring a User Experience (UX) Researcher to improve user experiences on Hinge and drive product excellence. You will focus on generative research (i.e., understanding user needs) and evaluative research (i.e., understanding how well solutions address user needs) for new and existing product features. In this role, you will leverage quantitative and qualitative methods to understand how users’ intentions, needs, and behaviors inform product design and strategy.
You will report to and work collaboratively with the Director of Research. Research at Hinge is part of Product; you will join a growing team of researchers and work cross-functionally with Data Science, Engineering, and Marketing to execute and communicate research findings to inform internal stakeholders about the user experience. You will be empowered to take initiative on research projects including aligning with the needs of the product team and relevant stakeholders, developing research questions and test plans, executing user testing and sharing research through reports, presentations, and team engagement.
Working here, your research will have tangible impacts for our users in helping them find love and delete the app.
- Execute research projects aimed at understanding the user experience and creating more good dates on Hinge. You will employ quantitative and qualitative methods including usability testing for design explorations and collecting and analyzing user feedback that supports the product team.
- Work collaboratively with other researchers and product team members (i.e., product managers and designers) to identify key research questions and prioritize projects in the short and long term.
- Generate actionable insights that shape product and business decisions.
- Communicate insights in compelling ways; bridge alignment across Hinge teams through written reports and in-person presentations.
Within three months we expect you to:
- Implement usability testing on a pre-launch feature and communicate key actionable insights and recommendations for design explorations that can improve the user experience on Hinge.
- Lead user feedback research for one existing product feature and summarize key actionable insights and recommendations for product team members.
- Passionate and curious about how user research can be leveraged to improve how users find and maintain romantic connections
- Resourceful, collaborative, and adaptive
- Mixed method research experience including quantitative (e.g., survey, experimental) and qualitative (e.g., interviews, usability testing) methods with a strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of each
- 1-3 years conducting product user experience research
- Proficient in data manipulation and analysis with R, SQL, or SPSS (or similar software)
- Dedicated to building meaningful cross-functional collaborations through working with stakeholders in defining key research questions and determining the appropriate methodology and tools to adequately answer research questions
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, sociology, anthropology, human computer interaction, political science or related field or equivalent practical experiences
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.