User Interface Designer
Zipari is a technology start-up company based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY. Our mission is to disrupt the insurance industry by introducing consumer-centric solutions powered by data analytics. We are looking for individuals who want to build a company, a culture and solve complex challenges. The Zipari team members have strong work ethics, believe in what Zipari is building, and are willing to play whatever role is necessary to achieve the company’s goals. Our team has movie geeks, foodies, talented musicians and a mix of random elements that make us one: The Zipari team!
We are looking for a User interface (UI) designer to work closely with our user experience (UX) designers and other design specialists, as well as independently. You will play an integral part in designing and enhancing UI components across all of our products.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Creating wireframes, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Establishing and promoting design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- 3-5 years working experience as a UI Designer
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Proficiency in Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits
- Unlimited MetroCard
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- Awesome team with the ability to help define the culture
- Fun work environment and team events (Friday happy hours, foosball tournaments and movie nights)
Read Full Job Description