User Research Lead at Policygenius
User Research (UxR) at Policygenius...
Everyone at Policygenius, from our newest customer success associate hire to our CEO, believes that knowing our customers and their needs provides us the best opportunity to solve their problems and craft innovation. In fact, our product and design teams focus nearly exclusively on our Discovery efforts; learning more about our customers and designing experiments to validate our assumptions. To be successful, we’ve built a balanced team that aims to deeply understand how our real, human customers think about their financial security
While you may be our first UxR hire, we have been applying research methods to our Discovery and Delivery processes for years. This means that our Product and Design teams are already speaking with customers and leveraging our insights to build product experiences they love. This also means that we don’t know everything about their triggers or needs. We’ll need your help to build a fuller understanding of the customer to identify opportunity areas we’ve overlooked in order to best unlock how the Policygenius platform can support their financial protection goals.
In this role, you will…
- Utilize a deep and proven set of methodologies to produce generative research findings that inform strategic direction.
- Partner with your data, marketing, and operations peers to help form a 360º view of the customer.
- Leverage data to inform and validate your qualitative hypotheses.
- Provide the customer’s voice through the entire product lifecycle, delivering impactful insights that translate into desired experiences.
- Expand the evaluative research toolboxes for Product and Design to enable them to best receive day-to-day direction from our customers.
- Work closely with your peers to stand up an information repository that clearly articulates those ‘nuggets’ everyone should know.
- Lead an evergreen empathy campaign throughout our organization to ensure the customer is at the center of every decision we make.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 7+ years of experience driving strategic product direction through your insights.
- You’re looking to help build a UxR practice from the ground up, instilling proper methods and frameworks to lead successful outcomes.
- You want to help craft a complete user journey that effectively amplifies the highs and buoys the lows into highs.
- You have the desire to untangle a convoluted and regulated industry.
- You love to deliver your findings with an “answer first,” approach. We care more about the “so what” and trust you’ve backed it with the appropriate work.
- You are excited to help shape our design culture and see your work directly impact our successes.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!