Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
We’re looking for a User Researcher to derive deep insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes, and to communicate results and actionable recommendations to the team. You’ll help craft our user experience by testing concepts as they are being developed and evaluate products once they’ve rolled out. As a User Researcher, you’ll join a group of talented individuals tasked with delivering an exceptional user experience for diverse stakeholders across many digital products and devices.
At Compass you will:
- Work closely with product and design teams to identify research topics
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as moderated interviews, surveys, usability testing (remote and in-person), and any other methods you find impactful
- Review, analyze, and communicate qualitative data to generate tactical insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for users
- Work cross-functionally with product management, design, engineering, and product marketing
- Advocate and nurture empathy for our users across the organization
What we look for:
- B.A/B.S. in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, communication, computer science, or economics
- 1-3 years work experience in applied product research
- Samples of work that demonstrate research planning and results
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience moderating qualitative research studies
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for a team-oriented, collaborative, highly energetic, fun and fast-paced environment
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.