Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to, financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions and secure over $1 billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - and offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor bi-weekly catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also host bi-weekly company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly-accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
Our UX and Product Design Lead will be essential in Fundera’s product design strategy and ensuring the design team is driving growth in the business. They will work towards achieving the Fundera vision by constantly designing solutions for end-users within our most important products and projects while mentoring and managing the team. If you’re interested in the position, here are a few things you’ll get to do and the qualifications that will make you successful in this role.
As our UX and Product Design Lead, You’ll Get to...
- Lead a team of product designers with focus on consumer facing products while remaining hands on.
- Work with engineering, product managers, and stakeholders to prioritize and ship.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the creative process and deliver interfaces for B2C products.
- Work on rapidly iterating designs, based on user feedback and data-driven insights.
- Lead product and user research, ideation and innovation, information architecture, and visual design.
- Be comfortable with user interaction data analyses to drive design decisions.
- Wireframe, sketch, and prototype tools (eg. Balsamiq, Sketch, InVision).
- Cross functionally manage with the goal to drive success of the product.
We’re Looking for People Who...
- Are proactive and a self-starter.
- Are entrepreneurial and outcome-results driven.
- Can translate the abstract into concrete design deliverables.
- Can work in a fast paced/collaborative environment.
- Bring a UX/UI point of vision to the Fundera vision Customer focused.
- Are creative but analytical.
- Are strong communicators.
- Are intellectually curious.
- Are hypothesis driven empathetic.
What Should I Do If I’m Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the experience, apply below to be our UX and Product Design Lead.