UX Design Manager at Animoto
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:45 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, February 26, 2020
At Animoto, we believe video is the most powerful form of communication. That’s why we make best-in-class, easy-to-use online and mobile video creation apps. Our customers use our apps, along with our pre-built narrative templates, to customize their own engaging video stories to share on social media and beyond.
Over the next two years, we have a mission to make video creation faster, easier, and more fun in ways that have never been done before.
We’re looking for a product design manager who can help propel us towards the future, as we move towards automation to help small business owners succeed with social media video marketing.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of product designers through coaching, and radically candid feedback to grow their careers.
- Create clarity in ambiguous problem spaces, and apply systems thinking to simplify complex feature sets into simple, intuitive product experiences.
- Guide your team to achieve high-quality, holistic, cross-platform, on-brand experiences that aligns with company strategy.
- Lead regular design reviews, critiques, and ideation sessions for team members.
- Advocate for human-centered design and ensure we’re solving the right problems.
- Build healthy and collaborative relationships with design, product, and engineering leadership to shape strategy.
- Work with design leadership to shape teams’ culture, processes, and tools to improve design productivity and efficiency.
- Recruit, hire, and onboard new designers.
- Play a hybrid role of manager and individual contributor on a product team.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of product design experience in a product company
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional skills in interaction design, visual design, systems thinking and AB testing
- Expert level skill with modern design tools (Sketch, Figma, Framer, Invision, Principle, Zeplin, Abstract)
- Experience with UX research and knowledge of different research methods
- Experience with collaborative design methods (design sprints, ideation workshops, etc.)
- Experience working with engineering, product, and design leadership to shape vision, strategy, and execution
- Experience launching, managing, and evolving design systems
- Ability to communicate user insights and design decisions with confidence and transparency
- Ability to give and receive honest, direct, and empathetic feedback to encourage growth
- A “Yes, and…” approach to collaboration and working with others
- Experience with product design people management
- Experience designing creative tools for small business owners
- Experience with AI/ML/automation and agentive design
Why join Animoto:
- The opportunity to work with really smart, talented and interesting people
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Weekly catered lunch, bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Fridays, fully stocked kitchen, fun environment, and 5 ways to make coffee at our amazing NoHo office
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
- Amazing benefits such as 100% medical/dental/vision, equity, 401k, upgraded Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify, and corporate discounts with AT&T and Crunch
If you’re passionate about growing design careers, shipping elegant and thoughtful design solutions that balance our goals, the needs of users (our product is used by millions of people!), and technology capabilities, we’d love to hear from you!
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.
Read Full Job Description