Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This role will be joining the teams that create the technology to empower internal stakeholders to effectively underwrite, administrate, and support life insurance policies. You’ll create knowledge about our customers by conducting research and sharing your findings with the team. You’ll help our product managers decide which problems are worth solving and how to solve them. You will design and iterate on thoughtful, end-to-end experiences that add real value to people’s lives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Conduct customer research to discover needs, collect feedback, and test usability
- Translate research findings into design recommendations
- Collaborate with product managers and other designers to define, prioritize, and solve problems
- Create low- to high- fidelity outputs (sketches, wireframes, mockups, prototypes)
- Guide software engineers as they build your designs
- Help other designers by critiquing their work
- Help the team by suggesting process improvements
- Advocate for customer needs, good design, and accessibility
- Contribute to our design system to cultivate a cohesive look, feel and experience across our products
- Manage cross-functional projects and coordinate efforts across multiple teams
- 2+ years of experience designing and shipping product experience that drives business impact
- Experience conducting research, and applying findings to inform design decisions
- Expertise with creating wireframes, diagrams, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Having a deeply collaborative and iterative design process that includes giving, accepting and acting on feedback
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-managed, self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in an agile environment
- Being curious, innovative, humble, proactive and accountable
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience working with and contributing to a design system
- Experience with data visualization/information design
- Experience facilitating design sprints/workshops
- Experience using Figma
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, a flexible hybrid work schedule and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#11 Best Workplaces in New York, #15 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance) and BuiltIn (Top 10 Best Midsize Company to Work For in NYC)!
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in our vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask-wearing, social distancing, and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health landscape. Haven Technologies will consider all legally required exemptions and accommodation requests.