Reports to: VP, Marketing
Payfone, a rapidly growing identity authentication leader, is creating a Design Studio and we need our first designer to manage this effort. We are seeking a results-oriented Graphic Designer with a focus on software UI/UX to join our Marketing team in NYC.
The successful candidate will be creative and adept at working in a fast-paced environment where their thoughts and input are highly valued. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for developing UX experiences and API flow diagrams in several different media formats ranging from PowerPoint to Adobe Illustrator to InVision (or other prototyping tool) to video. The Graphic Designer will also design and create assets that illustrate the value of Payfone's products through presentations, videos, the Payfone website, and other document types.
Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is required. The successful candidate will also demonstrate a desire adopt new technologies to the existing workflow. Although not required, candidates demonstrating video production and editing skills will be preferred.
This position also requires effective organizational and time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Design beautiful, useful, and desirable conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
- Work with Marketing to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for design
- Create new graphic assets that communicate teh Payfoen story and Payfoen value proposition
- Graphical support for video compositing
- Graphical support for web media design
- Application of design skillsto creatively solve visual and production problems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in Design, Media Production, related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a graphic designer, UX/UI designer or similar role
- Experience working for start-up would be great; experience working in financial services company would really impress us
- Proficiency with the Adobe suite of graphics tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with any aspects of video production and compositing will be positively considered
- Familiarity with Prezi and InVision will be positively considered
A compensation package composed of a base salary, bonus, and equity will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included. No sponsorship will be provided.
Payfone is the leading digital identity authentication network for the connected world. Our real-time, passive identity authentication solutions enable consumers and the world’s largest banks, insurers, brokerages and technology companies to thwart digital identity theft and transact with trust. Learn more at http://www.payfone.com and https://www.linkedin.com/company/payfone.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.