Narrativ is a 40-person, seed-stage product recommendation platform. We build technology for brands to measure, compare and optimize their fastest growing recommendation channel -- commerce publishers.
Shoppers are asking the Internet personal, nuanced questions from “What are the best shoes for a second round interview?” to “What is the best pillowcase to prevent hair loss?” Commerce publishers like The New York Times’ Wirecutter and Allure produce the best recommendations that answer these questions -- an unmined data source with the potential to transform a $175bn digital economy.
Why we’re special:
- Ambitious technology: Our technology mines and organizes the world’s product data in a way that’s useful (rather than intrusive) for consumers. We built a product graph featuring 80mm SKUs enriched with $20bn of monthly cart data, making it the largest database of products matched to product recommendation.
- Talented team: Fast Company recently named Narrativ one of the 50 best workplaces for innovators, fashion disruptor by Financial Times, and a technology pioneer by the World Economic Forum. We’re here to pursue greatness, embrace challenge and relentlessly improve every day.
- Fast growth: We’re a diverse team -- with experience from McKinsey to Dropbox, Bloomberg to Glossier -- that’s doubling in size over the next year.
Join us for the opportunity to impact billions of shoppers on our mission to improve the value of every recommendation -- to create a better Internet for shoppers.
About the Job
Narrativ is looking to hire a UX Designer to join our Product Organization. In this role, you will be responsible for all tasks associated with user research, interviews and testing and design on both large and small scale solutions. As a practitioner, you will work closely with external stakeholders on our client teams while working internally with our talented visual designers, engineering and product organization.
Above all, we’re looking for someone with a fast-paced and agile approach, who quickly develops wireframes and prototypes, rapidly iterates on them to refine the product within a creative and rapidly-changing environment. Our team is hard-working, collaborative, and committed to quality. We believe that we can build a better platform together. We’re Smart. Ambitious. Nice. We don’t see any of those as contradictions.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial UX Designer to work closely with our product team to build out and own our product design process. This person will be expected to deeply understand Narrativ’s customers through user interviews, and design beautiful products they use every day.
What You'll Do
- You'll work with designers, product managers and engineers to deliver compelling UX solutions.
- You'll own the customer interview pipeline/process across the entire product lifecycle, and report back to the rest of the business with your findings
- Together with your cross-functional partners, you'll help set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- You love thinking about the big picture while applying thoughtful user workflows to all features and functionality within our products.
- You have a user centered approach to problem solving and are always thinking outside of the box for creative solutions.
- You'll produce an array of divergent approaches informed by a confluence of user needs, business objectives and technical capabilities.
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- You have 2+ years experience delivering great user experiences for shipped products.
- You are passionate about design systems and well-versed in data-informed product design and development.
- You have conducted countless user interviews and have different tools / interviews scripts you can deploy
- You have experience building excellent products with engineers and product managers.
- You enjoy all stages of app design, from sketching concepts to polishing interfaces.
- You have a people-focused design mentality.
- You are constantly looking to hone your executions through user feedback, user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You care about the impact of your work.
- You have experience tracking usage of the things you build, and using the data collected to verify its effectiveness.
- You're a fantastic team player, communicator and facilitator.
- You have the communication skills and people-focused design mentality to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- An online portfolio, or PDF of your work is preferred
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.