UX Designer at Haven Life
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold-brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
About this Role
As a UX designer, you’ll become an integral part of a small (three-person) design team. You will create knowledge about our customers by conducting research and sharing your findings with the team. You’ll help our product managers decide which problems are worth solving and how to solve them. Together with the two other designers on your team, you will design simple and intuitive interfaces that make life less hard for life insurance buyers and sellers.
What you’ll be doing
- Design the user experience for life insurance products
- Conduct customer research to discover needs, collect feedback, and test usability
- Translate research findings into design recommendations
- Collaborate with product managers and other designers to define, prioritize, and solve problems
- Create low- to high- fidelity outputs (sketches, wireframes, mockups, prototypes)
- Guide software engineers as they build your designs
- Help other designers by critiquing their work
- Help the team by suggesting process improvements
- Advocate for customer needs, good design, and accessibility
- 3+ years experience in user experience and user interface design
- Experience conducting research
- Expertise with creating wireframes, diagrams, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.