Peloton is seeking a UX Designer to help define how feature sets on our Engagement Products function, and how users interact with these experiences to accomplish their goals. These products include the Peloton Bike/Bike+, the Peloton Tread/Tread+ and the Peloton Digital App – as well as any end-user facing products and platforms Peloton develops in the future.
Our UX Designers are challenged to design solutions across various ecosystems including web, mobile, TV and proprietary platforms. They work across a vast array of interaction patterns and screen sizes. They think in non-linear terms: capturing interactions, edge-cases, and all the various states of these experiences.
A UX Designer will provide exceptional execution of deliverables including user flows, product maps, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes. They are comfortable with an agile approach to design, with an emphasis on user testing and rapid iteration in an incredibly collaborative environment.
From early conceptual brainstorms through documentation and implementation, the UX Designer works closely with Product Managers, Visual UI Designers, User Researchers, Design Ops, Prototypers and Engineers.
Successful candidates are self-motivated, proactive project owners, readily open to feedback and critique. They quickly output ideas in lean deliverables, and are ready to toss out most of them.
UX Design can mean something different to every organization: We hope this job description gives insight to where this role sits in the Product development process.
Note: This is not a “visual” design role. At Peloton, the UI Designer is a separate but closely integrated role responsible for executing the high-fidelity look-and-feel of our interfaces.
Note: Along with your Resume a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Contribute to UX Design on one or more strategic workstreams; executing on product feature sets.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Peloton’s existing product UX across platforms and ensure any future iterations are executed with reverence for a cohesive experience.
- Foster a deeply collaborative design process with Product Managers, Visual UI Designers, User Researchers, Design Ops, Prototypers and Engineers on your team as you work towards strategic goals, KPIs, and feature requirements.
- Plan a UX design approach to each project in collaboration with Design Ops and build a schedule towards on-time fulfillment of your team’s roadmap.
- Develop detailed user flows, site maps, wireframes, and other UX deliverables to communicate user flow and interaction clearly to relevant teams.
- Ensure your experiences consider a wide spectrum of users, giving special attention to accessibility and inclusive design.
- Engage User Research team members to help answer questions that arise during the product design process and to test and evaluate your iterations with users.
- Quickly iterate on your designs based on feedback from peers and from learnings found in user testing/feature response.
- Capture all states, cases, and functional logic for Visual UI Design and engineering teams to execute on.
- Has 2+ Years of Software User Experience Design experience working on consumer-focused software products.
- Is familiar with agile software development and lean UX processes.
- Has experience working closely with engineers, product managers, and visual UI designers.
- Can share a portfolio of work exhibiting strong, proven skill in creating wireframes and other common UX design artifacts.
- As a Bonus: Has experience designing for native consumer-facing apps; interactive game or content experiences; larger touch screens and/or TV interfaces; integrated hardware products.
- Focused and dedicated to how software products “function” and how users move through experiences to accomplish their goals.
- Gives meticulous attention to detail and has the ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems and to consistently capture edge-cases.
- Can design with velocity: especially in developing wireframe and flow variations.
- Has excellent communication and organization skills. And can produce clear and descriptive documentation for implementation targeted to a variety of cross-functional roles.
- Understands what is possible in modern Android, iOS, TV-platform, and web development; and the design and interaction patterns and trends within each.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.