UX Researcher, Community at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
DigitalOcean has one of the world’s largest communities that supports the developer experience and education, and amazing content is contributed every single day. Our members engage with thousands of tutorials, guides, Q&A and other forms of content that make up the DigitalOcean experience. DigitalOcean’s community site inspires and empowers millions of people across the globe each month, and we are seeking a motivated, data-driven and results-oriented self-starter who is passionate about UX and UI research.
This person will be an advocate for our users in creating a high-quality platform experience that improves the overall Community site for its visitors and learners. To succeed, our Community site and related content and features must provide value to users whether they’re currently reading, discovering, inactive or just starting with the service. It’s a big challenge, and the role comes with an incredible opportunity for impact. In this critical role, partnering with other teams, you will help define the different Community site personas and user segments, establish key product and content strategies to meet users’ needs, and implement product/feature feedback loops and processes to improve our user experience.
- Lead critical research efforts and conduct complex multi-phase, mixed-method studies that deepen our understanding of the Community user experience and drive product strategy
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion as a strategic partner to marketing leads, product managers, content teams, designers, and engineers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our Community by grounding these decisions in user needs and insights
- Prioritize research needs and approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, and scope at the right time and ensure impact by delivering actionable insights to the appropriate audience
- Partner closely with other researchers to integrate Community research with broader DigitalOcean understanding and help support company-wide research initiatives and documentation
- Source and manage research vendors to help augment the work of the research team
- Disseminate research insights to evolve and enhance our understanding of user needs and identify innovative opportunities to meet those needs
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Hands-on proven experience in conducting complex research at scale utilizing research best practices and a variety of research methods, which may include qualitative interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, and diary studies.
- Research experience with digital products; with a plus if your work includes developer-focused, content libraries, online communities, B2B or enterprise products
- Experience sourcing, recruiting users, and executing studies and research sessions from start to finish
- Excellent execution skills in a fast-paced, high growth product development process and knowledge of how to integrate research into product and design roadmaps
- Excellent communication, analysis, and storytelling skills (written and verbal)
- Relentless focus on users and solving for their needs and wants. You put users first and have experience driving impact from user insights.
- You can transition seamlessly between strategic level planning and detail-oriented execution
- Experience juggling multiple projects – You can easily manage multiple projects at once and are able to work in a fast-paced, autonomous role
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!