Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round. Come join us!
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.
The goal of research and design at Vise is to be advisor-obsessed, identify and prioritize critical customer problems, discover strategy-driving insights, and build advisor empathy across the company. You will be embedded in the product organization as a member of our design team, and will partner closely with our product managers, product designers and sales team on feature development in addition to leading impactful, strategic primary and foundational research.
As our founding researcher, you’ll have the opportunity to establish a rigorous and impactful research culture at Vise. Your goal will be to deeply understand our customers, discover strategic opportunities, and help us iterate and refine our user experience in a complex problem space. For this role, we are looking for an experienced researcher with a mixed methods background. The right candidate has a strong emphasis on qualitative methods and foundational research, but has experience designing and analyzing surveys. You should have a proven track record of impactful research using both qualitative and quantitative methods, translating findings into crisp and specific insights for a cross-functional team with varying levels of experience partnering with research. You are an excellent communicator, and use your influence to educate those around you on the value of your work and findings. Once you pass off your research insights, you continue to advocate for them to be reflected in the roadmap. You are self directed, and comfortable running your own studies, recruiting participants, drafting SOWs, and pulling in the right cross-functional partners to make your work successful.
What you will bring on Day 1
- 3+ years experience in applied product research
- Experience executing hands-on primary research
- Deep understanding of different research methods across qual and quant (including ethnographic interviews, user observation, surveys, in-product experimentation, diary studies, concept testing, rapid prototyping, etc.)
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams through complex research projects
- A portfolio that demonstrates insightful output and business impact
- Strong storytelling and influence skills
- Experience asking, prioritizing and successfully answering key questions for the business to drive product decisions
- Experience as a researcher supporting early stage, zero to one products
- Experience with the financial services industry
- Experience mentoring or training others on user research
- Degree in human behavior related fields including HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Anthropology
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.