UX Researcher at Stash
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are looking for a dedicated, motivated, and entrepreneurial UX Researcher to create a competitive advantage by delivering world class investor insights. Our ideal candidate has proven experience assembling, gathering, and packaging user insights and presenting results to key stakeholders.
If you are a strong communicator with a passion for data-driven decision making and you are excited about changing the world of investing, Stash is looking for you!What you'll do:
- Synthesize and juggle inputs/ideas from across the organization, turning suggestions and critiques into potential outcomes and solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders including Product Managers and Designers to identify and prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Conduct user testing of design concepts and prototypes
- Build a research roadmap; communicate and refresh on regular basis to ensure relevancy.
- Run end-to-end aspects of research
- Analyze data and gain meaningful insights to drive successful iterations and identify opportunities for updates
- Work collaboratively with team members to resolve conflicts, generate ideas, and converge on a project that the whole team can be proud of and learn from
- Communicate openly across the team and organization regarding the status of projects in development, as well as results post-launch
- 2-4 years working experience in UX Research (preferably at a consumer-facing app)
- Demonstrated understanding of core UX Design principles
- Excitement and passion for innovating in finance
- Proficiency with data analysis and experience using Excel and/or a CRM
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- Solid communication, organizational, and data collecting skills
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
* Equity In Stash * Flexible Vacation
* Four Family-Friendly Medical Plans * Two Dental & One Vision Insurance Plan
* 401k * Learning & Development Stipend
* Commuter Benefits * Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Referral Bonuses * Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
* Thursday Happy Hours * Catered Lunch on Fridays
* Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work in 2019
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.