At Prolific Interactive, our driving focus is to “make it better,” to have a profound impact on everyday lives, shaping the world we live in. We do this by putting people first, relentlessly improving, and working together in collaborative, curious, empathetic teams. We believe in working with partners, not clients, in order to have the greatest impact on their organization and their customers’ experiences.
In order to deliver this impact, we are seeking a UX Researcher to join our team in Brooklyn. As a UX Researcher, you will be responsible for infusing the product development process with the user’s voice and using your findings to impact both business and user goals. You will own the user research process in your product teams working on everything from recruiting users to planning and facilitating user interviews, usability testing, and utilizing other research methods as you see fit. Your highest priority will be to champion research-informed design throughout your project.
At Prolific, UX Researchers work on a variety of web and mobile-focused products, each with their own unique set of users. UX Researchers here take ownership of the entire user experience of a product from beginning to end. You will be a part of multiples parts of a user's journeys versus one small segment.
We’re looking for someone with a strategic mindset who can also own and facilitate user research initiatives. If you love gathering data and applying the insights you get to crafting user-validated, meticulously designed experiences, then this is the right role for you.
Responsibilities: Your Prolific Impact
- Own and execute the user research process on new apps, websites, strategic engagements, and other digital products
- Understand which research methods to use in a given situation, conduct the research, and use the data to inform the design of the product
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to product team and stakeholders to inform product decisions through presentations, reports, & workshops
- Develop a deep understanding of the users’ motivations and pain points and contribute to the product roadmap with your research-based knowledge
- Help define the product and/or features being built through discovery interviews and strategic goal-setting
- Understand the unique technical and business requirements and constraints of our partners and incorporate that into your research
- Work with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other UX Researchers to prioritize research opportunities
Your Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years of professional UX Research experience (agency experience a plus)
- Extensive experience conducting user interviews, usability studies, and other research methodologies
- A penchant for high-level thinking about product strategy and vision
- Familiarity with modern UI standards and conventions
- Experience interfacing with and presenting research to clients
- BONUS: Deep understanding and experience with iOS and Android native app research
Our Benefits and Rewards
Impactful work and collaborating with an inspiring group of people is what gets our Prolific employees (who we fondly refer to as P’s) excited to come to work every day. But we know there is more to life than our craft:
- We want all P’s to feel at home when they’re at work - we’ve got creature comforts like snacks and coffee, and actual creatures thanks to our dog-friendly offices.
- Prolific offers access to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, as well as transit benefits and a 401(k) plan with company matching with immediate vesting.
- We have a flexible vacation policy: take what you need, as long as it works for your team; plus paid sick time, eight paid holidays, and a winter break leading up to the New Year.
- We are proud to offer 12 weeks of paid New Parent Leave for moms and dads.
- P’s participate in employee-led committees focusing on everything from party planning (bowling! picnic in the park!) to wellness (Kombucha brewing! fitness classes!).
- Our Employee Resource Groups, focused on Diversity and Inclusion, proactively create spaces for conversation and education regarding issues affecting women, people of color, and the LGBTQ community.
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we encourage individuals from such groups to apply.
Prolific Interactive is a mobile-focused product agency based in Brooklyn, San Francisco, and Durham. Through a strategy-driven, user-centric approach to creating products, Prolific delivers mobile experiences for leading brands including Saks Fifth Avenue, The Wing, WeWork, American Express, Gap, Sephora, SoulCycle, and TB12. Founded in 2009, Prolific has been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" by AdAge and Crain's New York Business, as well as one of Crain’s “50 Fastest Growing Companies in New York,” and was named a Fastest Growing Private Company by Inc 5000 three years in row.