At Prolific Interactive, our driving focus is “Let’s make it better”.
We’re an award-winning, mobile-focused product creation agency. We design and launch highly visible, innovative, real-world solutions for premier brands, and believe in working with partners - not clients - to help enhance their customers’ experiences. We are honored to be consistently recognized as industry leaders.
We want to have a profound impact on everyday lives, and shape the world we live in. We do this by putting people first, and by working in collaborative teams who value empathy and who are committed to relentlessly improving.
In order to deliver this impact, we're looking a UX Researcher to join our team in Brooklyn. As a UX Researcher, you will be responsible for infusing the product development process with the user’s voice and using your findings to impact both business and user goals. You will own the user research process in your product teams working on everything from recruiting users to planning and facilitating user interviews, usability testing, and utilizing other research methods as you see fit. Your highest priority will be to champion research-informed design throughout your project.
At Prolific, UX Researchers work on a variety of web and mobile-focused products, each with their own unique set of users. UX Researchers here take ownership of the entire user experience of a product from beginning to end. You will be a part of multiples parts of a user's journeys versus one small segment.
We’re looking for someone with a strategic mindset who can also own and facilitate user research initiatives. If you love gathering data and applying the insights you get to crafting user-validated, meticulously designed experiences, then this is the right role for you.
Your Responsibilities & Impact
- Own and execute the user research process on new apps, websites, strategic engagements, and other digital products
- Understand which research methods to use in a given situation, conduct the research, and use the data to inform the design of the product
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to product team and stakeholders to inform product decisions through presentations, reports, & workshops
- Develop a deep understanding of the users’ motivations and pain points and contribute to the product roadmap with your research-based knowledge
- Help define the product and/or features being built through discovery interviews and strategic goal-setting
- Understand the unique technical and business requirements and constraints of our partners and incorporate that into your research
- Work with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other UX Researchers to prioritize research opportunities
Your Skills & Experience
- 2-4 years of professional UX Research experience (agency experience a plus)
- Extensive experience conducting user interviews, usability studies, and other research methodologies
- A penchant for high-level thinking about product strategy and vision
- Familiarity with modern UI standards and conventions
- Experience interfacing with and presenting research to clients
- BONUS: Deep understanding and experience with iOS and Android native app research
Our Benefits & Rewards
We know that our employees will do their best and most impactful work if they are happy, healthy, and supported. We’re committed to ensuring all our employees are taken care of.
We do this by providing and promoting:
- Access to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, as well as 401(k) company matching and commuter benefits
- A healthy work life balance. Our Flexible Vacation Policy allows you to take what you need, as long as it works for your team. Plus paid sick time, eight paid holidays, summer and winter breaks when the office is closed
- Voluntary life, accident and disability insurance
- 12 weeks of paid new parents leave
- Creature comforts like snacks, games - and actual creatures thanks to dog-friendly offices
- Employee-led resource groups with a focus on diversity and inclusivity, enhancing and sustaining the wellbeing of women, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals
- A committee dedicated to promoting health and wellness in the workplace through initiatives like fitness challenges, guided meditation, and kombucha brewing
- Opportunities to give back through company donations to charitable organizations
Prolific Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to a safe, welcoming, and truly inclusive environment for people of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, nationalities, ages, and religious beliefs.
Prolific Interactive was founded in 2009 and is based in New York City, San Francisco, and Durham. We’ve delivered mobile experiences for leading brands like Saks Fifth Avenue, The Wing, WeWork, American Express, Gap, Sephora, SoulCycle, TB12, and American Express through a strategy-driven, user-centric approach to creating products.