Unqork is an enterprise software company with a no-code platform that digitizes the entire client lifecycle and eliminates dependence on paper for financial services and insurance companies. The company’s patent-pending technology uses AI and machine transcription for risk assessment and digitization, utilizing each client’s existing product and underwriting rules, layered on top of legacy IT systems. The software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology creates custom client on-boarding and servicing forms using a drag-and-drop interface which can be implemented within weeks instead of months – unlike most hard-coded technology builds. The result is an easy to use and streamlined front-end agent and consumer experience that significantly reduces operational costs and eliminates errors while accelerating sales and business growth.
Some of the world’s largest insurance and financial companies use Unqork to define new business rules and deploy products/applications seamlessly and effortlessly without relying on costly development and maintenance of a code base. Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals and has created an ‘elegant paradigm shift’ in the way insurance and financial companies are able to operate.
Our technology is great, but our team is what makes Unqork world-class. We are seeking great UX Researcher to build our user research practice and work collaboratively with our design and product team.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct research that will help drive decisions about how to expand and improve our DIY Enterprise platform. We are in uncharted territory and we need researchers to help us define and solve problems using fresh and innovative research methods
- Conduct research that deepens our understanding of our ever-evolving and growing user base
- Grow our organizational capacity by building a best-in-class qualitative and quantitative research program
- Be the company’s leading authority on qualitative and quantitative research methods and build a team to support those efforts
- Work closely with our analytics team to gather insights that will inform our research questions, methods, and designs
- Distill complex problems into insights that inform design, development, and business decisions. You seek out diverse data points and triangulate them. You dig deep to uncover and synthesize insights and build narratives to frame complex problems
Who you are:
- You’ve directed complex research projects at scale—from iterative testing to unmoderated card sorts to in-context interviews to diary studies
- You love thinking about different mental models, writing testing plans, finding themes in qualitative data, and sharing insights that drive the company forward
- You’ve worked cross-organizationally at a fast-growing company and understand how research needs to evolve to stay ahead of the curve
- You know the ins and outs of different testing tools
- You’re comfortable communicating with just about anyone: high-level executives, entry-level associates, engineers, IT teams, and designers
- You have the ability to work confidently and creatively on ambiguous problems
- You love working collaboratively and bring out the best in your team. You solicit feedback on your own work and add value to others' work
- You're passionate about people. You are a tireless advocate for the end user. You are deeply compassionate for their everyday struggles and challenges. You always put their needs first, and you're unwavering in your desire to provide the best experiences for users
- You are obsessively organized and can manage competing priorities
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in UX and research
- B2B SaaS experience
- Experience using analytical tools to summarize data and generate insights
- Experience with designing and user testing accessible experiences (WCAG, ADA)
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.