UX Researcher at ThoughtWorks
We are a software company and a community of passionate technologists. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our client's needs, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change. We want to make technology a better place for all. Our designers work as part of multi-disciplinary teams that balance the thinking required to understand complex problems with the hard work and discipline required to get high quality working software into the hands of our client’s employees and customers.What is it like to work as a designer at ThoughtWorks?
Designers at ThoughtWorks get the opportunity to work collaboratively delivering the highest quality software and experiences. We routinely take on the most challenging problems our clients and ourselves have, providing opportunities for designers to take their existing skills to a much higher level. We pride ourselves on a working culture that puts teamwork and diversity first, as well as providing an innovative community of practice to support continuous professional development. Find out more about the job as a designer at ThoughtWorks here.
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Several years of experience in specific areas of design such as user research and interaction design. A growing level of deep expertise and depth of knowledge in one area. Ability to influence on a team level and showcase design ability.
- Ability to create a wide range of experience design deliverables either by yourself or collaborating with designers and developers - deliverables including journey maps, service blueprints, wireframes, prototypes, design systems and UI
- Clearly communicate innovation and design concepts to clients and colleagues using the methods & tools that best illustrate them
- Strong collaboration skills to work with small cross-functional delivery teams on projects, providing on the job training and support on all aspects of experience design methods and tools
- Facilitate inceptions, brainstorms, user testing, and client feedback activities with users, clients, and team members
- Proactively manage ThoughtWorks stakeholders and engage with other aspects of the client’s business on the impact of experience design deliverables and manage project scope, risks, and updates
A few important things to know:
You are always welcome here. Inclusivity is in our DNA. Far above any tech skills, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We have zero tolerance for intolerance.
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates should be flexible and open to extensive travel. Most of our consultants travel every week and fly home for weekends. We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people's personal situations into account.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.