Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve better..
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about this decision from Zocdoc's founder and CEO, Oliver Kharraz.
Your Impact on our Mission
As a UX Researcher you would be responsible for conducting research and helping with the synthesis. Ultimately, you will uncover and share the insights that help Zocodoc teams understand how people think about and experience healthcare, so that we can build products and services that address vital and unmet needs.
Recent user research has focused on how people are responding to COVID, how they think about and use telemed, and how bias affects healthcare and how we might respond. There is still far more to learn, so you’ll have an opportunity to make a big impact here, and we expect you to.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are...
- Interested in people and have a desire to help improve their healthcare experiences
- A humble, life-long learner who operates with a growth mindset
- Someone who is willing to change how colleagues think
- Highly collaborative and motivated by working with a range of different teams
Your day-to-day is…
- Helping to design and plan research, primarily qualitative but occasionally quantitative, such as surveys
- Conducting and leading both field and in-house research sessions
- Helping to lead synthesis sessions
- Crafting the insights and stories that help convey the findings
- Communicating insights and recommendations
- Working closely with designers and product managers
- Advocating for UX research
- Coaching collaborators in research best practices
- Working with designers, PMs, and our research lead to find the best subjects to research
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Two or more years of experience in UX research
- A passion for improving healthcare, helping people, and the role empathy plays in creating great products
- A capability for thoughtful and patient listening
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
- An excellent communications style both verbally and visually
- The ability to manage multiple projects
- The ability to balance patience and urgency
- Experience creating UX documents such as user archetypes, journey and experience maps, and mental model diagrams
- Comfort working with a range of co-workers, including designers, product managers, engineers, and executives
What you’ll get:
- A competitive compensation package
- A home at one of the best places to work in NYC (this role will begin remotely, and remain remote until at least January 2021)
- 100% employer-covered health insurance option and a flexible vacation policy
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- The chance to create a better healthcare experience for millions of patients!
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.