UX Writer (Contractor)
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
We’re looking for a UX Writer to help define and optimize the language in our digital products. You’ll help craft our user experience by creating clear, useful, and friendly text that helps users navigate, consume information, and complete tasks. We look for writers that see words as an important part of a design system and a proven track record developing voice and brand standards.
This is a contract position with possibility for full-time employment.
At Compass You Will:
- Write clear, concise user-interface text for products across multiple platforms and touch points.
- Act as a subject matter expert and point of contact for user experience writing.
- Develop our brand voice and establish content standards across products and platforms.
- Create and continuously refine our UI and copy style guide as part of our design system.
- Provide content recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
- Work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and marketing.
- Write for different audiences (e.g., consumer, enterprise) and adapting your tone for the reader’s situation.
- Work with researchers to conducting user studies to test and optimize content over time.
- Provide thoughtful feedback on design and product decisions.
What We Look For:
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a range of content and writing abilities, such as interaction flows/screens, emails, and styles guides
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience writing or editing for the web and mobile experiences.
- Excellent writing, communication, and strategic skills
- Native fluency in written and verbal English
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment
- Familiarity with iOS and Android interface guidelines
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.