Visual Designer at Feather
At Feather, our mission is to transform humanity's relationship with material goods to create a healthier and happier planet. You’ll join a fast-paced, innovative team whose passion lies in delighting customers and helping people live lighter. In our eyes, the future of things is all about flexibility - having what you need when you need it and never when you don’t.
As a designer at Feather, you’ll be joining a fast-paced, innovative team whose passion is delighting and simplifying the lives of our customers. You will be responsible for creating beautiful, functional designs that are cohesive across multiple platforms. Our ideal candidate is ambitious, detail oriented, comfortable working in cross-functional teams, and passionate about Feather’s mission and the end user.
- Maintain, evolve, and translate Feather’s design system across multiple platforms to create a cohesive and thoughtful brand experience.
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines within the Creative team (including Copy, Art Direction, Production, and UX) as well as other key stakeholders throughout Feather to ensure cross-functional and strategic implementation of the Feather brand.
- Create original, engaging concepts that strategically answer the brief and bring the brand to life, looking at every detail as an opportunity to delight our customers.
- Be responsible for staying up-to-date on the latest industry trends, while looking outside of the world of design for inspiration.
- Maintain standards and help evolve brand guidelines as we continue to grow into new markets, products, partnerships, etc.
- 4+ years of graphic design experience with branding background (iconography and illustration experience a plus).
- Motion graphics experience
- A dynamic portfolio showcasing refined sensibilities across many mediums—with exceptional knowledge of identity systems, typography, print design, and layout.
- A detail oriented, systems thinker who is not satisfied with the status quo—pushes new ideas to create thoughtful, progressive work.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to clearly and persuasively articulate ideas
- Passionate about the latest in interior design, lifestyle, design, branding and technology
- A self starter with a positive attitude—able to work collaboratively with the flexibility to iterate on feedback and complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite; specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign(experience with AfterEffects a plus)
- Experience with Figma and Sketch a plus
- Understanding of Feather’s brand, aesthetic, voice, and mission
- Love of and belief in Feather’s mission
- Based in NYC (or willing to move)
- Excited about joining a small team and building something from the ground up
- Passionate about Feather's mission
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Fair and transparent compensation structure
- Competitive health, vision, dental, and other ancillary benefits
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest MacBook and a high-resolution external monitor
- A stylish desk and an ergonomic chair (it's what we do, after all!)