Visual Designer at OpenFin
Join the team changing the way financial software works. For the past 9 years OpenFin has been on the forefront of innovation in financial software technology. From HTML5 to open source development, we are leading the charge in creating industry standards for financial technology.
OpenFin is transforming the way financial professionals work by creating powerful workflows and intuitive user experiences for financial institutions of all shapes and sizes. As we continue to break new ground in the financial services industry , we are seeking a Visual Designer to work closely with our Product Management and Engineering teams to design the look and feel of the next generation of the financial desktop. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, ready for a challenge, and passionate about functional design that will help people work more effectively. You must be hands on and capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
As a Visual Designer you will:
Work with stakeholders to turn specifications, wireframes, prototypes, and user research into a strong visual design that transforms work for our end-users
- Create beautiful and visually engaging UI components and graphical assets
- Weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our product.
- Develop a cohesive design language and accompanying systems to drive the “look and feel” of OpenFin software
- Communicate your design vision to internal stakeholders and incorporate their feedback to arrive at detailed design and visual specifications
- Work collaboratively across teams and be an advocate for forward--thinking design principles
- Collect information and requirements from numerous sources throughout OpenFin and our user base to develop designs and visual collateral that wows us all
We’re looking for colleagues with:
- 3+ years of professional experience with the visual design of software
- BA/BS in a design-related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to create design systems and visual languages across digital products
- Expertise in design tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to think and communicate visually in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to implement design processes, tooling, and workflows at a lean and fast-moving company
- A strong sense of curiosity and a passion for learning and problem solving
- Experience working within the Agile development methodology
- Excellent communications skills - to grasp and lead on concepts, organize information and translate concepts into visuals
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of CSS strongly preferred
Move fast. Break nothing. OpenFin is the financial industry's first common operating system. Built on top of Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines advanced interoperability, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. Launched in 2010, the world’s largest banks and trading platforms use OpenFin to deploy thousands of industry apps to over 1500 sell-side and buy-side firms.
OpenFin currently has offices in New York City and London. To see what they’ve been up to, check out OpenFin on LinkedIn or take a look at our Blog.
Why Work Here?
- Experienced, dedicated, and hands-on managers
- A highly collaborative development process that values both team players and independent learners
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health and Commuter FSAs
- 401(k) and Equity Options
- Free Annual CitiBike Membership
- Generous PTO policy
- Stocked kitchen
- Team lunches, events, and happy hours
- Annual Offsite