Visual Designer at Yieldstreet
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:02 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, December 11, 2019
We’re working to change the way wealth is created.
YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $113M in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet connects investors to opportunities in alternative asset classes like real estate and litigation finance that were historically unavailable to most. YieldStreet was created because our founders were frustrated by the lack of options regular investors had to participate in asset backed investment opportunities that exist outside of the stock market.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
About the Role
YieldStreet is seeking an enthusiastic, meticulous, and wildly creative full time visual designer to join a dynamic and growing Marketing team. In this role you will create, maintain, and continually develop visual communication according to brand guidelines, including; advertising, social media, sales tools and website. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an up and coming designer looking to work on a variety of different projects at a scaling Fin-tech Start-up. If you are looking to take the next step in your career, join us!
What you will do
- Assist in the creation of everything and anything including; landing pages, iconography, advertising, email and web collateral, infographics, newsletters, and social media needs
- Support the team's administrative needs including archival management of digital files such as images, ads marketing materials, research, and more
- Work with our engineering and product teams to make sure visuals create a positive impact on user experience
- Translate marketing needs into creative design solutions
- Bring our story to life with beautiful visuals that fully convey our brand and mission
- 3-5 years professional experience in an agency or tech company
- Expert at Adobe Suites, Sketch, etc.
- Superb typography
- Ability to interpret our brand guidelines/standards and apply to all creative assets
- Manage and track projects from concept to production
- Illustration and photography skills a plus
- Experience with email marketing systems a plus
- Basic web design and programming a plus
- An insatiable desire to challenge oneself and a restless, creative mind
- Brand identity and marketing experience is a major plus
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskies at the company bar.
We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!
Read Full Job Description