Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Role and Responsibilities
Orchard is seeking a Visual Designer to join our team. This is an early-stage opportunity to join a company that is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Your design choices at Orchard will make a difference in the biggest financial decision of people’s lives: the purchase of their home.
The Visual Designer is responsible for developing high quality brand assets across online and offline marketing channels, as well as our on-site experience.
This role is based in NYC and will report to our to-be-hired Director of Brand Design. This is a full-time, salaried role with equity package.
The ideal candidate will excel in these areas:
- Visual Design – skilled hands-on visual designer who can go from strategy to high-fidelity execution, drawing on years of experience. You understand how copy interplays with visual design.
- Multiple Mediums – you will know how to incorporate photography (stock + custom) and illustration (custom) into our site and collateral design.
- Collaboration - Knows how to work with different partners to bring brand alive, particularly with marketing and product. Comfortable taking feedback and iterating.
- Bias for Action - we are a company that makes informed decisions quickly. You must be comfortable in a very fast-paced environment.
- Create marketing collateral creation by partnering with marketing on campaign ideas and then bringing them to life. You will be responsible for delivering consistent assets across online channels (Facebook, retargeting) as well as offline (Billboard, Print).
- Partner with marketing and product on how we tell our story and represent the brand on key pages of our site
- Ensure our brand design comes alive in everything we do – down to company swag and interview candidate experience
Required Skills / Experience
- At least 3+ years prior visual design experience in a growth stage B2C business
- Experience designing for web and offline marketing collateral
- People describe you as:
- Having high standards
- Strong drive for results
- A great collaborator
- Having a low ego