Visual Designer at Paxos
At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in. We envision a new system that allows assets to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Binance, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain technology and digital assets.
You will help define the future of design at Paxos and be instrumental in ensuring brand consistency and iteration across our portfolio. As the first creative hire on our marketing team, your work will be instrumental to helping us build our visual identity and market and sell our products and services. You will be charged with laying the groundwork for new workflows and processes for our burgeoning sales enablement and marketing programs, while crafting breakthrough work in a variety of mediums. We work in a very complex industry, but telling our story visually can help bring clarity to our company and products.
The right candidate will be someone who has experience in B2B orgs and with supporting product marketing and sales teams. We are in search of someone who is strategic, hands-on, and comfortable in a fast moving organization and excited to impact Paxos ’s products and business.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Product Marketing team on developing dynamic marketing and sales collateral
- Build out and implement insightful creative ideas that successfully stretch across multiple channels
- Synthesize briefs into strategic creative concepts and execute on projects from concept to delivery
- Develop and implement website design and template updates, maintaining and iterating site to achieve business goals
- Balance brand and business goals—ensuring all assets live up to Paxos’ executional standards while delivering on channel-specific best practices
- Manage external creative vendors and freelancers including video teams to develop digital and offline assets
- Gain a deep understanding of the financial markets and help shape our visual communications through marketing efforts such as our website, product one-pagers, social media assets, employee collateral and event signage
You should have:
- 4-6 years of experience in either a b2b company or creative agency setting with a focus on art direction and digital design
- A strategic creative mind, adept at unpacking and resolving a challenge and eloquently presenting the rationale for a solution
- Strong sense of design aesthetic
- A portfolio that showcases a wide array of integrated experience with both above-the-line and below-the-line initiatives
- The ability to effectively partner with various key stakeholders and manage multiple projects at once
- The ability to synthesize briefs, conceptualize, and execute quickly
- A process that is meticulously organized, vigilant, and detail-oriented
- An appreciation for a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Experience using a website building tool like Wordpress Elementor, and working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience working with traditional graphic design tools (PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, Indesign)
- Interest and ability to deeply understand client needs and mindsets (including fintech companies, banks, traders, crypto natives, broker-dealers, financial institutions, etc.)
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquarie, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature