Compass seeks a Visual Editor to help shape the aesthetic for our brand and nationwide community of real estate agents from concept to development through implementation, initiating, collaborating on, and overseeing all visuals — photography, illustration, data visualization, video — across Compass owned channels: advertising, social media, email, website, print collateral, and company magazine.
As part of the Marketing department and Creative group, you’ll report to the Creative Director and play a pivotal role in developing our distinct brand identity.
You’ll collaborate across four marketing functions (design, production, content, social media) to create the most ownable visual style and most robust visual offering in our industry.
At Compass You Will:
- Develop and implement new processes and efficiencies for visual requests, selects, and retouching notes that impact our brand and agent community nationwide.
- Build and vet a network of freelance photographers across the country, including specialists in location and studio portraiture, listing interiors, office environments, company culture, events, headshots, product (UX and device), neighborhood life, and still-lifes, as well as stock agencies.
- Partner with production team to create and maintain a visual library for our proprietary Marketing Center tool — commissioned and stock imagery that’s accessed by our nationwide agent community.
- Manage the national visuals budget.
- Manage and update existing and new style guides (lifestyle portraiture, listing, headshots, offices, brand, video) for outside vendors and agents.
- Train regional producers, regional marketing leaders, regional correspondents, and agents on our photo style and offering.
- Ensure quality control of imagery across our website, including existing landing pages, agent and staff headshots, neighborhood guides, and listing photography as well as new expansion pages.
- Pull visual reference for still and video briefs (locations, wardrobe, casting, photographer) that help drive the creative direction of current and future campaigns.
- Manage any rights issues relating to usage and work with the legal teams to assure that our contracts are aligned with the industry and best practices.
- Select agent lifestyle portraits and oversee outreach for Instagram influencers for our social channels.
- Find, test, and coalesce Creative Director feedback for new photographers and filmmakers for agent video and stills projects.
- Research and contract illustrators, stylists, and photographers for our company magazine.
- Collaborate with production team on the launch and organization of our first DAM for easy access by marketing teams across the country to take advantage of our library.
- Manage our in-house photo studio, including schedule and gear.
- Occasionally shoot internal events at company headquarters.
- Occasionally do light retouching.
What We're Looking For:
- 8-10 years photo editing experience, experience in interior, portraiture, and/or architecture photography preferred
- Must demonstrate expert knowledge of commercial photography industry
- Must demonstrate creative vision and possess a high level of design sophistication
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Skilled communicator with great interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage relationships
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with residential real estate, technology, or luxury brands a plus
- Robust photographer, photo agency, and stylist contacts
- Experienced with PhotoShop, Bridge, InDesign, Google tools, and Keynote