VP of Design & UX
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Grubhub is looking for a VP of Design and User Experience for its growing Product organization. Does the idea of working for a brand that is huge on transactions but appeals completely through the sensory experiences have appeal? The VP of UX will be responsible for guiding the Food voice of our brand. You will be responsible for design systems that support personas and storyboards and provide the foundations of frictionless delight within our UX for our community of diners, restaurants and drivers. If you are someone who is passionate about design, research, and building and leading teams who are just as passionate - this may be the right opportunity for you.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Advocate for design thinking at the executive level. Ability to justify ROI on design north stars.
- Turn everything from nebulous concepts to specific ideas into useful, delightful product features with systematic process
- Design holistic design systems, flows and interfaces that are simple, elegant, and beautiful
- Provide mentorship to members of the design team, constantly pushing the quality of our products with patterns
- Ensure brand consistency across our products for both consumers, corporates, restaurants, drivers and internal tools
- Lead mid-level project work from a design perspective with autonomy and authority, facilitating design studios and working sessions to help the teams deliver the best possible solutions
- Advocate for the customer in all decisions with the product, engineering, and design teams
- Draw insights from the work of our talented research team and know how to turn those insights into tangible solutions
- Partner with product, engineers, and the members of the design and research teams to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
You Should Have
- At least 12+ years of Product Design & UX experience for either consumer or B2B brands with a focus on complex flows and use cases across customer life journeys
- At least three years leading a team at a tech org which has shown excellence in product design, such as: Apple, Airbnb, Adobe, Amazon Kindle or Alexa teams, Google, Slack, Instagram, Etsy, Twitter, Everlane, Square, Kickstarter, Netflix or Spotify.
- Strong point-of-view on agile process for design.
- Evidence of successful collaboration with engineering orgs.
- Evidence of using research and data to steer design thinking.
- Point-of-view on how to create happy, productive design organizations.
- Awareness of best-in-class tools for design and prototyping.
- Experience in consulting, including writing statement-of-work proposals, coordinating teams & clients, making pitches and presenting work. Ideally have worked with Ideo, Frog Design, Huge, Big Spaceship, Pentagram, or Mucca Design.
- Frequent speaker at conferences, ability to represent Grubhub to the external design community.
- Strong experience working across all digital and physical manifestations of what we design - from responsive web to native applications to the next technological leap
- Extensive understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don’t just care about “how it looks,” or “what we should design,” but “why are we designing this at all?”
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.