VP of Design at Collibra
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Reporting into our Chief Product Officer, the VP, Design and will be responsible for leading our design strategy and our UX and UI team within the Product organization. Our ideal VP, Design is a collaborative, data-driven, creative, and resourceful leader who brings key experiences to the role as we create a unified, best in class, experience across all Collibra products.A day in the life of a VP of Design at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Researching, Analyzing and Determining the user experience for all personas’ workflows across Collibra’s Platform and Products.
- Partnering closely with the Engineering and Product leaders and teams to create and align a product strategy that supports our users’ needs, and ensures that research, UI, UX, concepting, prototyping, and testing are integrated in every step of the product and development roadmaps.
- Applying your deep understanding of user research to ensure that what gets built solves real user problems in a way that is simplistic, intuitive, consistent and seamless for all experience levels.
- Overseeing and guiding rapid, iterative conceptual designs across Collibra’s platform, products, and marketplace.
- Conducting regular design reviews, elevating designs with every visit.
- Recruiting, building, leading, growing, and retaining a world-class team of fantastic UX, UI, and research designers and leaders.
- Orchestrating and delivering bar-none product experiences within enterprise software at scale.
- Leading by example and participating in all stages of the product design and development lifecycle, including generative research, concepting and definition, prototyping, UI design and testing. Your sketches, wireframes, mockups and prototypes will set the direction, bar, and tone for the next generation of design at Collibra.
- Creating a clear vision on how to make Collibra a Category leader in SaaS software for Design, UX, and design culture
- 10+ years in UI/UX and Design leadership, ideally with a blend of experience in complex, cloud-native software products and consumer products
- Experience attracting, leading, and inspiring highly talented, research and data-driven productive design organizations. Bonus points if you’ve built this with geographically distributed teams.
- Extensive experience in interface design, research, and new product development in a high-growth, product driven company.
- A track record of distilling complex, business objectives into design-driven product solutions.
- You’re an advocate for the user's perspective across all development phases, using their perspective to guide effective communication with cross-functional stakeholders and executives.
- Passion and experience working with engineering, product and marketing
- Establishment and measurement of customer facing metrics such as competitive analysis, product satisfaction, NPS, usability efficiency and ease of use
- Hands on experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews
- BA/BS in User Centric Design, Interactive Design, Product Design, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, or related discipline and experience; MBA preferred
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*