Director of Acute and Observational Medicine (MD or DO)
Call9 is breaking the mold of traditional emergency medicine, hospital medicine, and telemedicine while reinventing the need for tertiary care. Our patient-centered proprietary virtual visit platform connects off-site emergency physicians with our on-site, specially trained Call9 Clinical Care Specialists (CCS) for acute events. Call9 provides a spectrum of services in skilled nursing facilities, allowing patients to be treated in the comfort of their own bed.
Through this innovative model -- with expedited treatment as well as point of care tests (labs, EKGs, telemetry, ultrasounds, etc., all streamed via Call9’s platform) -- 80% of the patients we see are able to avoid transferring to the hospital, which saves the healthcare system millions of dollars (all while we deliver superior care)!
About the role/opportunity
The Director of Acute and Observational Medicine will oversee and is responsible for the day-to-day medical care and medical staff. The Director will be empowered to ensure Call9 provides excellence in clinical care and the best for Call9 patients. This position combines direct service with hands-on administrative responsibilities in support of all medical programs. Working as a collaborative partner with the Call9 team, the Director provides real-time analysis for improvement in clinical operations and works to implement solutions. In addition, the position works internally to represent medicine in special programs/projects for the effective integration of multidisciplinary patient/client services across departments. Administratively, the Director will report to the SVP of Clinical Operations and the CEO, and at their collective discretion may represent the company to external stakeholders acting as a liaison for Call9.
As the Director of Acute and Observational Medicine you'll...
- Responsible for the day-to-day health care clinical activities of the medical staff. Plans, assigns, organizes and supervises the provision of medical services and coordinates work of the professional staff (Physicians, PAs and NPs) in conjunction with operations and administrative leadership.
- Manages administrative and operational responsibilities such as scheduling and conducting clinical staff meetings, orienting and mentoring all new Physicians, NPs, and PAs; ensuring clinical staff is continually trained and supervised, and that activities of medical staff are coordinated with other operating units of the organization.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to ensure integration into all functional aspects of the clinical services.
- Works with the HR department in recruiting, screening and hiring of new providers.
- Participates and takes a proactive role in customer service related issues and ensures and adherence to the mission and values created by Call9; by continually striving to improve and provide quality patient care, treating everyone with respect and dignity, promoting teamwork and cooperation to create an environment that maximizes efficiency and satisfaction, encouraging open communication and adhering to all established ground rules.
- Recommends changes in patient care standards to meet requirements prescribed by accrediting agencies, new developments in the model, and changes in standard of care.
- Works with the Call9 team to implement all medical operations initiatives.
- Supports medical research and reviews clinical data to improve the quality of patient care.
- Reviews and evaluates existing programs, including training, makes recommendations for improvement and participates in the development and maintenance of programs.
- Provides direct clinical care to the extent necessary to understand clinical workflows, implications of policy and product changes - approximately 1 shift per week.
- Works with the Patient Safety Organization, the Director of Quality Improvement, and the rest of the quality improvement and patient safety teams.
- Oversees clinical performance evaluation process and provides real-time and scheduled clinical feedback to clinical staff through chart review and/or other tools.
- Oversees the education for clinical staff on workflow, application of policy, evidence based medical practice and quality improvement efforts.
- Provides additional assistance within and outside of clinical arena, as requested and/or as appropriate, to ensure the ongoing success of the organization.
- Graduation from an approved school of medicine
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine preferred
- A license to practice in New York State
- New York State DEA license
- 3+ years experience in the field of specialty in a responsible medical and clinical operations capacity
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
The perks/As part of the team you’ll enjoy
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a life-saving business
- Tremendous opportunity to help address some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people (or, as we affectionately refer to ourselves, CALLeagues)
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision coverage, pet insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, and 401(K).
- Flexible time off and working hours
If you want to be a part of the future of medicine, apply today!
Read Full Job Description