East Coast Regional Marketing Manager
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
As a Regional Marketing Manager, you will supervise, mentor and develop a cross-functional regional marketing team, and foster a service environment that offers the “best in class” experience for our internal and external clients. You will work directly with the Media Marketing Director and play a leadership role developing and improving marketing material that drives results and enables efficient sales and marketing processes. In this role, you will lead efforts across sales, visual design, communications, and product.
What you will accomplish:
- Responsible for management of marketing teams within designated offices in the East Coast region, including strategists, designers, and photographers.
- Drive marketing strategy for the region, overseeing and evaluating all work for the East Coast Intersection offices. Includes developing and implementing a regional marketing plan and budget.
- Serve as point person for RFPs, offering strategic and creative insights as well as day to day project management to meet deliverables for clients in the local New York area.
- Lead creation of sales and marketing materials, special offers and collateral on a national and local basis.
- Proactively recommend and execute new approaches to drive client revenue.
- Set up scalable and repeatable processes to optimize workload.
- Have a strong understanding of our products, customer needs and pain points.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive advantages against other media and competitors.
- Work closely with Marketing Managers in each office to share best practices and resources.
- Seek out and develop metrics and KPIs to measure marketing effectiveness.
- Play a leadership role in the above across all the teams, as well as identify opportunities to improve templates and processes across all the local offices.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Top tier storytelling and copywriting skills, coupled with analytic and critical thinking skills to set a very high bar for the quality of all marketing material coming out of both the eastern region, and the marketing team overall.
- Ability to digest white papers and case studies and pull the most relevant information to use across the business.
- Record of getting things done-- someone who will roll up their sleeves and plow through obstacles to meet deliverables and follow through on promises.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, or related business or scientific field.
- 7 years of progressive sales marketing experience or equivalent work experience.
- 2 or more years of previous management or supervisory experience.
- Expert knowledge of media industry a plus.
- Proficient in market/customer segmentation, as well as product, environment, and value creation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high-pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
- Excellent leadership qualities, including motivating others, team building, and credibility.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.