ADP Innovation Labs -- Sr. Application Developer at Lifion by ADP
This is position is based in Roseland, NJ and is responsible for developing innovative, scalable, highly interactive and engaging applications for the ADP Innovation Labs' new, conversation-based application across mobile, desktop, tablet, and wearable devices.
You will work closely with a small team of front-end designers, data scientists, developers, and research specialists who will value your expertise in software programming, latest web technologies and frameworks. You are comfortable collaborating, but equally capable of working independently.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with business analysts to define software requirements for programming effort
- Design and implement front- and back-end application interfaces for data and services
- Support production software operations, test and debug programs
- Report progress and status of assigned tasks to project teams and managers
- Experience with Node.JS, REST and JSON
- Strong understanding of object oriented design and MVC patterns
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores, i.e. GraphQL, MySQL and Redis
- Experience with open source software
- Understanding of web security practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for great user experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience developing Web applications
- Broad and deep technical knowledge with a strong focus on data / objects and API / contracts
- View of ideas and solutions as abstractions / patterns that can be leveraged / adapted / reused -- deliver frameworks instead of point solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline is desired
- Programming skills on other languages i.e. Java, Go, and Python
- Good understanding of agile development and continuous integration
- An absolute focus on the user (internal or external) experience -- every aspect of a solution should be productized for ease of use
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.