Advanced Quality Engineer at Harry's Inc.
What you will do:
- Work cross-functionally (Primarily with the broader Engineering Implementation, Supply Chain, Product Development teams) to define and execute Advanced Manufacturing and Development strategies, with the goal of reducing variation (and cost) in products.
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities and process validation builds to ensure successful mass production
- Implement quality tools such as Control Planning, Process FMEA, Manufacturing process validation, Measurement System Analysis, Statistical Process Control, Tool Qualification and Design of Experiments(DOE).
- Support advanced product quality planning (APQP) process to ensure successful integration of new products into operations.
- Support qualification of new manufacturing processes; such as high-speed automation and in-line vision systems
- Work with the cross functional teams and suppliers to improve design for manufacturability to potentially reduce defects and cost.
These may describe you:
- BS in engineering related discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 4-6 years of experience with 1-2 of them in a manufacturing or production environment
- Having exposure to industrial engineering or design for manufacturability, especially in high-volume manufacturing
- Able to articulate and defend engineering decisions as well as communicate clearly with cross functional teams.
- Comfortable using engineering analysis methods such as Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, DFMEA, and PFMEA.
- Comfortable leading process and inspection qualifications for high-speed automation assembly lines
- Experience reading and translating 2D engineering drawings into inspection plans.
- Detail and process oriented with an ability to create an atmosphere of accountability for all working partners.
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or German would be amazing, but are not required.
Who you will work with:
- You will report directly into the Supplier Quality Engineering Manager
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including, Global Sourcing, Program Management, and R&D.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.