AI Scientist - Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented AI Scientist with a focus on Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. It is crucial that you have a Masters or PhD with a thesis and work in application of image analysis methodologies.
You will work with a growing multidisciplinary team of talented data scientists, other statisticians, engineers, and researchers to leverage unique healthcare data (in the form of MRI images, clinical reports, claims data, and beyond) to create new and improved methods for assessing and predicting the quality of care delivered by healthcare providers and determining the impact that care quality has on overall patient outcomes and cost. You will have the opportunity to work with extremely diverse and entirely unique medical image and healthcare datasets that extend to all phases of care delivery (referral, diagnosis, therapy, and outcome/follow-up) from the perspective of all key stakeholders (patients, providers, payers).
Your responsibilities will include helping to execute the company’s AI strategy in the area of language understanding, as well as to further create, extend, and validate the language processing algorithms in use at Covera Health. You will play a key role in producing and sharing the results we achieve with the broader scientific community. You will be expected to:
• Investigate, develop and evaluate new and existing robust techniques for machine learning based analytics, automated question answering using natural language processing across a variety of large and diverse medical datasets
• Prototype and validate analysis and solutions using or enhancing existing methodologies, frameworks, and architectures
• Design criteria and methods for evaluating the performance of text understanding on test and real clinical data
• Research and recommend tools, algorithms, and solutions in line with our quality of care improvement strategy
• Collaborate with our internal and external teams and clinical partners and all internal and external teams to implement our clinical research roadmap
• Contribute to the enhancement and extension of all our data analytics pipelines and environment
• Collaborate with data science team members and other colleagues on research activities
• Help to shape Covera Health’s language understanding and broader data analytics strategy by identifying new opportunities
- PhD or MS in computer science or related discipline with work experience as a Research Scientist in Machine Learning and Natural Language Programming
- Strong deep learning background and familiarity with state-of-the-art NLP techniques (BERT, XLM, XLNet)
- Applied programming experience in Python, C, and/or C++
- Experience with libraries and tools like Tensor Flow, PyTorch, Theano, Keras, and CUDA
- Contribution to research communities and/or journals, including NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc.
- Excellent ability to work well as an individual contributor as well as within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude to work and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!