Intersection is revolutionizing the way information is shared in public spaces to ease and enrich people’s journeys through their cities and connect them to their communities. We connect brands with people where they are via relevant and impactful experiences, and we earn the trust of our partners through our shared mission, working together to build the foundation for a connected future.
Intersection is seeking an Android Engineer to collaborate closely with other team members to create an excellent user experience. You will play a key role in the design, development, and deployment of mobile applications. You are passionate and interested in building upon Android. You are a developer interested in using design software to come up with innovative ways to bridge the gap between the digital and physical worlds in public spaces. You are comfortable drawing from an existing knowledge pool to learn new technologies and tools. You are expected to work in an agile process to regularly deliver incremental improvements. You are a strong creative thinker and you have an analytical mind. You are excited to help our OS grow and expand from 1300 to 8000+ devices on the streets of the United States and the United Kingdom.
What you will accomplish:
- Work with designers, engineers, and customers to create software solutions
- Help find solutions for increasing developer productivity
- Apply modern tools and techniques to building, testing, and deploying our OS
- Break down high-level goals into backlog items
- Integrate proprietary libraries and open source software into software projects
- Implement high-quality user interfaces
- Provide technical insight to the business development staff when needed
- Contribute to all components of our platform - backend services, front-end web applications, mobile applications, and others as needed
- Knowledge of AOSP is a plus!
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field from an accredited university or 4-year college is required.
- 3-5+ years of software engineering experience
- Willing to learn AOSP
- Experienced updating Android devices
- Professional programming experience with Java (Python would be a plus)
- Proven ability to effectively work with team members and business stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical reasoning abilities
- Experience working in a test-driven environment
- Experience applying software engineering design patterns
- Experience working with OSX and Linux
- Experience with writing scripts to automate tasks
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.