Android Engineer II - Discovery at Grubhub (Greater NYC Area, NY)
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
We are looking for a Android Engineer to join our awesome team and help i mprove diner experience around Ads across our Android apps thereby directly impacting revenue
Our mobile team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing mobile products adopting and using cutting-edge technology. Innovation, research and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you're excited to work on a product that will change the way food ordering is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application
The Impact You Will Make
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical solutions and experiences for Grubhub diners
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, designers, and your peers to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Participate in a small agile team, with the options for managing
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to benefit Grubhub diners
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong application architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
What You Bring to the Table
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Fully self sufficient in the Android platform and tools
- Experience working with team members (Engineering, Product, Design) located in multiple geographies and timezones (Chicago, New York, Europe, etc.)
- An understanding of Android app architecture and design patterns (MVVM, MVP)
- Experience with Espresso, Dagger 2, Kotlin, Gradle, JUnit, Mockito, Android Architecture Components is a plus
- Experience with agile methodologies, certification is a plus
- You will work with your team to monitor and ensure the health of the platform, which includes a 24/7 hour on-call rotation, to ensure a great customer experience.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: In the event the role you are applying for requires you to report to an office, you must be able to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine."
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.