Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first - hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
We are seeking an Android Engineer.
6M customers have set aside more than $3B with Stash. Our rapid shipping cycles mean you can deliver value to millions of people and help them build wealth daily.
At Stash we use a variety of different languages, frameworks, tools, and vendors to accomplish our goals. We use the right tool for the job when it comes to reaching for tech that will solve whatever challenge we're facing. Stronger versus more relaxed type system and type checking, functional versus procedural programming, etc. We make deliberate decisions that we feel will help our platform grow and mature and support more and more customers.
We hire the best engineers regardless of programming language or background. We have invested (and continue to invest in) our onboarding process so even if you join with no specific tech experience, you’ll have the time and space to learn. We consider Stash a learning organization and work hard to allow Engineers the time and the space to learn and grow. We encourage tech experimentation and continuous improvement.
We’ve had tremendous growth in the past few years and have an exciting product roadmap ahead of us.
If you’re interested in solving complex problems associated with scaling a popular consumer facing app and working in an open, diverse, and inclusive environment, Stash might be the fit for you!
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience working on Android
- Proficient in Android SDK and life-cycle components
- Extensive knowledge of Android UI components
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks and iterate quickly
- Experience in Model-View-Presenter architectural pattern
- Experience with Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger 2, and Retrofit/OkHttp
- Experience with Coroutines
- A keen interest in automated testing
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**