Grailed and Heroine are curated e-commerce marketplaces for men’s and women’s luxury fashion. Our community driven marketplaces are built for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. Our goal is to provide an interactive and educational meeting ground where fashion enthusiasts can buy and sell their unique pieces.
Our team prides itself on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do. We're constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
Are you an Android engineer who loves building product? We are looking for an Android Engineer to join our team and help our two e-commerce marketplaces scale. Using Kotlin and RXJava you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Grailed and Heroine's Android products. As part of a small team with significant ownership, you will play a critical role in engineering new features as well as maintaining the long-term quality of our app.
As an Android Engineer, you will:
- Manage requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, test, deploy, maintain and enhance mobile applications for the Android platform
- Ensure quality and responsiveness of the products
- Identify and fix any bugs or bottlenecks
- Assist the Community team with client-facing technical issues
- Provide expert guidance to product managers
- Optimize applications for performance and memory footprint
- Ship code that meet your own high standards
- Keep up with the latest development trends in the mobile industry
The following might describe you:
- You love building Android applications
- Experience working with Java or Kotlin
- A familiarity with or an interest in learning functional programming and functional reactive programming
- You have experience writing unit tests
- You want to learn from other engineers and share your knowledge with the team
- You want to grow, both as an engineer and as a person
- An ability to self start and take ownership of projects given loosely defined business goals
Grailed launched in 2014 and has become one of the premier online marketplaces to find great men's clothing. Our sister site, Heroine, launched in 2017 and is quickly following suit.
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, a 401(k) plan, generous vacation, commuter benefits, and amazing healthcare plans covered up to 95%. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment. Grailed is located in SoHo and walking distance from N/Q/R, 4/6, A/C/E, and B/D/F/M trains.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.