Android Engineer at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums and venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused and customer-centric developer to join our team. As an Android Developer of our mobile team, you will be responsible for the design, development, test, and deployment of our Android applications. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing mobile software, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a strong track record of helping to deliver an effective, highly-available, and flexible technology platform in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
If you are a developer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, have worked on published mobile Android applications, and have the desire to help drive CLEAR’s next generation products, this is a great opportunity for you!
What You Will Do:
- Design and build consumer facing Android applications to leverage CLEAR’s platform and capabilities
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 1+ years experience developing native Android applications
- Have at least one app published in the Google Play Store
- Experience working with Kotlin and Java
- Knowledge of the Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Experience working as part of an agile software development team including interaction with a source code repository (GitHub or SVN)
- Continuous integration considered a plus
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- Passionate about Mobile apps and the Android platform
- Experience with iOS and Swift
- Experience with backend development technologies for building RESTful APIs