Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things and actually talk.
Android Engineers are strong contributors to our mobile application. If you're applying for this role, you excel not just technically, but also in your ability to collaborate with your colleagues. You help drive architecture decisions, estimate project time frames and manage sub-tasks. You should be an advocate for Android best practices, great usability, and exceptional quality.
- Experienced: 3+ years of experience developing quality Android applications from conception through Google Play Store launch. You have a solid understanding of the full suite of Android tooling in Kotlin including threading, building layouts, debugging, and performance optimization.
- Customer-focused: You love good software and design. You understand the importance of bringing value to our users through quality software.
- A team player: You are the consummate team player. You work well with others. You aim to learn from, teach, and give timely and specific feedback to your colleagues.
- Adaptable: You can handle changing requirements and difficult problems. You build for the long-term while managing iterative, short-term needs.
- Values-aligned: You have a dedication to the company’s core mission of cultivating community worldwide.
What you do with our team:
- Focus on building out the future of the flagship Meetup app using Kotlin
- Work with Core engineers to define how data should be structured and delivered via our APIs
- Collaborate with designers to ensure that the app is beautiful and a pleasure to use for all our users
- Manage and improve our app release process through tooling and automation
Bonus points for:
- Shipping API driven apps seen by millions
- Participating in local meetups
We're considering remote candidates located anywhere in the United States.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?