Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by enabling universal access to superior medical imaging. We reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world's first handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly iQ. This innovative technology reduces the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the digital era.The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.Job Description
Are the apps you’re developing changing the world & saving lives? Why not? Butterfly is looking for our next Android Engineer to join our Software community - and it could be you!
About the Team: The Butterfly Software team shipped version 1.0 of our Android app in December of 2019, after winning an Apple Design Award earlier in the year for our iOS app. Our team consists of engineers from leading companies such as Facebook, HTC, Spotify, Uber and WeWork. We strongly believe in transparency, open discussion and collaboration, and use these guiding principles to improve both our codebase and individual skill sets on a daily basis.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Developing a highly polished Android application that interfaces with our ultrasound probe, imaging software, and medical image storage and collaboration cloud.
- Working closely with product and design teams to drive and refine specifications.
- Leveraging modern technologies like Kotlin, ReactiveX, and GraphQL for happy and productive development.
- Performing a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science / Engineering or related field.
- A track record of professional achievement and problem solving.
- 1-4+ years of Android application development.
- Strong understanding of Android framework design patterns.
- A passion for creating something meaningful.
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Flexible Paid Time Off - recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- The ability to either work remotely or be based in one of our US offices in NYC, Palo Alto, Guilford, CT, or Boston, MA
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.