Android Software Engineer (Senior)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encompass healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit http://www.ww.com/us/corporate-careers
As a Senior Android Engineer you will be responsible for paving the path forward in our Android projects. Your tasks will include pushing the latest libraries, refactoring our code to MVVM architecture, and administrating best practices. Working with and mentoring junior engineers.
- Work with the latest and greatest Android libraries, architectures, and practices
- Ensure engineering excellence to deliver robust, secure, modular, and high performance apps
- Work in a traditional SCRUM software lifecycle: Code, debug, test, ship
- Write and implement unit tests in Kotlin!
- Work on our internal SDK tools and services.
- Lead architectural migration to MVVM & code migration to Kotlin!
- Performs constructive design and code reviews while mentoring junior developers
- Experience with full life cycle Android development:
- Worked with Android API 23 & up
- Excellent command of the Android SDK, Java 7, and functional programming
- Must Have experience with RecyclerView
- Must Have Retrofit 1 or 2 or experience with Volley
- Knowledge of the following Android libraries: RxJava 2, Retrofit 2 & Dagger 2
- Android Support Libraries, Constraintlayout
- Solid understanding in data structures, algorithms, OO design, and MVVM architecture
- Proven track record of shipping products
- Debugging skills and knowledge with common analytic tools
Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.