API Engineering Manager- Product Engineering at Peloton
The Product Engineering team at Peloton builds products and features to our subscribed customers (Bike,Tread,Digital). We are constantly deepening our product offering to increase the motivation and interactions that happen with our hardware and content. In the past year, Peloton has expanded our product offering to include a Bike, Treadmill, and now digital product. During this expansion, our user’s needs have increased in complexity. As we’ve expanded in product offering, we are also expanding in the variety of platforms that deliver this amazing user experience. You will be leading large projects, collaborating with team members on estimating project scopes, setting milestones, as well as identifying project risks and dependencies.
- Staff and manage a team of engineers responsible for developing and enhancing the customer engagement experience
- Implement best practices in architectural design and mentor the team in these practices
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance based culture within the team. Provide management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members
- Collaborate with cross functional team members from Design, Product, Program Management, Client teams and UX in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives including defining objectives and driving new architecture.
- Establish team level KPIs to measure effectiveness of team’s output and impact to customer Engagement
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and leveraging commercial, off the shelf tools
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality
- 8+ years of software development experience, with experience building complex backend systems working across a variety of client applications
- 2+ years of leadership experience in team leadership and technology management
- Passion for building a scalable backend framework that supports a rapid growing user base
- Well proven understanding of system design, API design and database design.
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Experience with CI/CD and how to incorporate test automation into development flows
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers
- Effectively communicate between teams and within teams in order to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience with transitioning from a monolith to a SOA
- Experience with data pipelines, ETL, data warehousing, workflow systems
- Solid understanding of modern day data warehouse
- Experience with python and Kotlin development
- Roll up your sleeves and take on development work
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.