Knotch is the Content Intelligence Platform that enables communications and marketing teams to measure, understand, and optimize content ROI across their digital efforts. Some of the world's largest brands such as JP Morgan Chase, Salesforce, AT&T, and Deloitte trust us to help them own their voice online, and we allow their customers to own theirs as well. This transparency and empowerment helps these communications become truly worthwhile for both creators and audiences. For more on Knotch's products, visit our website.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We recently ranked in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. A flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve been named a Best Place to Work three years running by Built In NYC. If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn and learn about us further on our careers site.
The Application Architect Role
As Knotch’s first Application Architect, you’ll handle our Application Database and API layer and report directly to our VP of Engineering as you work across all of our engineering teams. Our tech-stack is highly diverse, and we’re looking for a talented architect who has coded in it before: Postgres, Ruby on Rails used as API, CircleCI, ReactJS, Redshift, SparkETL, Airflow, and various other AWS services.
How you’ll add value at Knotch
- In our Architecture:
- Be responsible for all aspects of our application architecture and security including leading its design and internal communication
- Play a hands-on role driving the overall technical and solution architecture
- Architect our APIs and transactional Database to be highly scalable and low latency systems
- With Empathetic Teamwork:
- Work closely with a variety of team members such as Technical Leads, Agile Project and Product Managers and business stakeholders
- Participate in hands-on development and maintenance of application architecture guiding principles, policies, best practices and standards
- Lead technical requirement gathering sessions, producing technical requirements and design documents
- Coupled with Project Management Skills:
- Provide estimates even through scope ambiguity using experience and documenting assumptions
- Identify reusable code and ensure high-quality timely product deliverables
You’ll be successful here if you:
- Have this technical background:
- Bring extensive experience to our team in developing scalable web applications
- Have a proven track record of building architecture solutions for large user bases in the millions
- Previously helped build high-performing engineering teams in fast-paced environments
- Have technical proficiency and a hands-on working history in our engineering stack:
- Ruby on Rails used as API // Postgres // CircleCI // ReactJS // Redshift // SparkETL // Airflow // various AWS services // ReactJS is also great but not required!
- Exhibit this style of working with others:
- Enjoy mentoring fellow engineers and providing technical guidance through leading by example opposed to asserting authority
- Agile expertise amidst oft-changing priorities in an organization with high-growth goals
- Exude trustworthiness through accountability
- Can speak to keen time management and prioritization skills, balancing your timelines and deliverables
- Are relentless and resilient: you’re adaptable to changing priorities/responsibilities and believe that vulnerability and empathy help you and your team do great work
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer.
We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.