Application Security Engineer at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are
You have 4-5 years of strong development experience and have either 1 or more years of application security experience or a demonstrated passion for application security. You have a deep understanding of how a cloud native, containerized, multi-tiered application should be architected and are passionate about cutting edge technology. You have proven experience working across engineering teams to help drive security initiatives at all levels of the organization. You understand that application security is much more than using tools to identify vulnerable libraries and packages.
You work well in demanding, fast-paced environments with rapidly changing requirements. You remain calm under pressure, and enjoy problem solving in complex situations.
- Provide technical leadership to help shape and research intelligent solutions for Dataminr’s robust cybersecurity program with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Responsible for promoting, designing, and evaluating application security in all phases of the application life cycle.
- Help drive the approach to application security, authentication, and secure development practices across a wide variety of distributed services.
- Conduct security reviews and continuously build relationships across the engineering organization.
- Provide reporting to leadership on current program/project status.
- Identify risks and gaps within our current state platform and drive future state enhancements.
- Help architect a big-data solution to meaningfully capture and surface security events across terabytes of event logs.
Skills & Experience
- Humility and common sense.
- A strong development background.
- Strong understanding of authentication technologies, service mesh, OWASP attack TTPs, API design, modern web applications, and secrets management.
- Strong knowledge of modern cloud infrastructure, containers, and SaaS applications.
- Experience managing large projects involving numerous stakeholders and tight deadlines.
- Understanding of common DevOps tools with ability to contribute to automated workflows and the desire to contribute to production Dev-Sec-Ops projects.
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing SDLC best practices.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.