Application Security Engineer at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Product Security Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the security team to focus on completing development workflows, defining a security culture, and advocating for security features (like 2FA or UBA) in systems. We are always looking for new ideas and trying to make sure the best ideas rise to the top of the heap. We focus on results; we are often architects, designers and engineers, not just advisors. In addition, you'll also:
- See our architectures, read our code, break the apps, and find the problems before the bad guys do (through penetration testing, ethical hacking, code review, design review, etc.)
- Build frameworks, APIs, processes, and whatever else is necessary to keep our web applications secure
- Stay on the leading edge of security research and make sure the company responds to new things quickly
- Build application security champions. Teach engineers how to write secure code.
- Own the responsibility of securing our product
Who You Are
You're someone who’s curious about how things work and what happens if you try to operate outside the defined constraints; you’re passionate about identifying issues and working with the appropriate stakeholders to solve them. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a strong foundation and in-depth technical knowledge of application security, particularly web application security
- You sympathize with the complexity of being a developer and want to help make writing secure code easier
- You can read code like a book, and write enough code to get by (our tech stack is a diverse set of technologies running across both Windows and Unix platforms in the cloud)
- You are able to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment; self motivated and results oriented
- You have at least 3 years relevant work experience
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.