Application Security Engineer
As an Application Security Engineer at Namely, you will be responsible for building solutions to enhance the security and reliability of the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of scaling operations through automation and rigorous security engineering practices. This is a hands-on position where you will work with the Engineering and Product teams to identify security issues and enable the safe and continuous delivery of innovative features to production. You will work in an open and collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship, and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Develop tools that make it easier to ship secure code and harder to ship insecure code
- Configure and secure cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with the Engineering Teams to educate them on threats and vulnerabilities applicable to the Namely software platform
- Perform security assessments of Namely’s software (manual and automated penetration testing)
- Assess the design of new products and major updates to existing products, and provide recommendations to improve security
- Develop and share research in the area of product security and vulnerability management
- Champion agile application security practices
- Several years experience working in a security role
- Exceptional understanding of key security concepts, technologies, and processes
- Experience automating, maintaining, and securing infrastructure in Amazon Web Services
- Experience with microservices architectures and containerization
- Experience using system orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience in one or more server-side programming languages (e.g. Ruby, C#, Python, Java, Go)
- Passion for collaboration and strong communication skills
- Excellent ability to multitask and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision
Nice to Have:
- Technical security certifications: EC-Council, ISC2 (CISSP), SANS GIAC, OSCP etc.
- Previous work experience at a startup or in the HR/Financial space
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.